Sunday, April 24
Be Renewed and Take HEART
Key Passage: 2 Corinthians 4:16 (NIV)
16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
- What does “losing heart” look like? How do we know it when we see it?
- What causes us to give up when we lose heart?
- Why does acting badly seem as a good response for losing heart?
- How is being renewed daily the antidote for losing heart?
- How can you Be Renewed in prayer, Bible Study, and especially generosity, during this
- Think about times in your life that have caused you to lose heart? What feelings does that raise?
- How do you prevent your circumstances from dictating your responses?
- Is it okay for believers to lose heart and act badly? Think about this.
- How has the Gospel renewed you today?
- Read the Giving Discipleship Journey. Which of the givers identifies where you might be on the Giving Discipleship Journey?
Getting Ready For The Week:
Think about your day today and list the ways you can avoid losing heart.
Did you find yourself acting badly at all yesterday? How can your renewed-self avoid that today?
Now that you’ve identified where you are on the Giving Discipleship Journey, write down some ways that being that kind of giver keeps you from “losing heart.”
Pray for your Pastor and church leaders not to lose heart today.
Pray for your Pastor and church leaders to Be Renewed today.